Filmpje van de BBC

Heb je ergens in de krant, op tv of op internet iets gezien over de mannenrok en wil je het met ons delen? Hier is je berichtje op de juiste plaats.
Plaats reactie
Wiha
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Filmpje van de BBC

Bericht door Wiha »

Via het herenpanty forum kwam ik de volgende link met filmpje tegen:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8272962.stm

Onderstaand het interview wat erbij hoort.
By Mario Cacciottolo
BBC News

Skinny trousers for men are everywhere. But how many will take the trend for figure-hugging legwear one step beyond, and wear tights? We road-test the look.

The ongoing battle for equality has returned to a familiar arena - fashion - with a new clothing range on sale at Selfridges in London.

What the well-dressed man will wear this season. Apparently
But the short skirts, skimpy tops and leggings by fashion brand Unconditional are not designed for the feminine frame, but for men. Unsurprisingly, the leggings are jokingly referred to as "mantyhose", despite bearing little similarity to pantyhose.

This foray into androgyny is nothing new, however. Men habitually wore tights several centuries ago, and kilts have always been regarded as masculine.

Footballer Keith Weller famously sported white tights during an FA Cup game for Leicester City in 1979, motivated less by the freezing weather than the hope that these would ease a groin strain.

Unconditional's designer Philip Stephens says his leggings for men can be worn any which way, to make a statement or to provide warmth as the days shorten.

"You can wear them under shorts or full length or three-quarters. People will buy them as an alternative to long johns, which only come in white and go up under your armpits. We do a range that go from pink to black."

A lot of people have their own style, I can see it working on somebody

Anthony Hagan on Mario's look
Nor does he think men should be embarrassed to adopt a garment so very popular with women. "They're a bit mosh pit, a bit rock and roll, reminiscent of Seattle grunge. Kurt Cobain used to wear leggings under a nightie. If it suits you, wear it. Women are wearing power suits now."

But what to wear mantyhose with?

"You could wear a tuxedo jacket, T-shirt and then the skirt and mantyhose too," says Selfridges buyer Adam Kelly.

For me, he picks out a daywear ensemble of a sleeveless top, pleated skirt and, of course, the mantyhose.

I look rather like an extra lost between the sets of Mad Max and Fame.
Mario Cacciottolo in a skirt
Mario Cacciottolo in a skirt
bbc_manintightsandskirt.jpg (37.56 KiB) 8887 keer bekeken
So what do the public think? Out on busy Oxford Street, heads turn.

A dapper young man with oversized sunglasses, waistcoat and trilby comes up to ask if I'm wearing mantyhose - he's Anthony Hagan, a 22-year-old student from Tufnell Park, London.

"I think the top's really rad [radical] but I think the skirt's a bit much," he says. "A lot of people have their own style, I can see it working on somebody."

Others have tried to kickstart the trend
By which he clearly means somebody else - not me.

Jennifer Blake, 21, and Helena Ceadel, 20, of Chiswick, are somewhat less positive.

"It's not even like a kilt. It's like a netball skirt," says Jennifer. She gasps at the suggestion her boyfriend might wear similar garb.

"He would just never, ever wear that," she insists.

Helena is equally unimpressed. "If I had a date with someone and he arrived wearing this, I would keep on walking and pretend I didn't know him."

Steve Newman, of ActivSkin Legwear for Men which sells in 77 countries, says there are physical benefits to wearing mantyhose - although he means nylon tights, rather than my new leggings.

"Men complaining of tired, achy legs are often referred to the women's hosiery department for support pantyhose if knee-high support socks don't help," he says.

"People no longer assume a man wearing nylons under his shorts is a cross-dresser."
Wiha,
beheerder & webmaster
http://www.rokvoormannen.nl
sam

Re: Filmpje van de BBC

Bericht door sam »

Ja, daar ben je snel bij. Stond ook op herenpanty.tk Trouwens, hij vergist zich want wat de reporter zelf aan heeft is allerminst een herenpanty, maar een legging. Maar het is publiciteit!
RokSterNL
Beheerder

Bericht door RokSterNL »

Leuk filmpje, het geeft aan dat er toch wel beweging in zit. Waarom zie je hier in Nederland dan niets ?
sam

Bericht door sam »

Nederland hobbelt overal achteraan. Believe me dat wordt in NL pas 2011
Roktom
Contacteer:

Bericht door Roktom »

Door gestuurd naar RTL-4 ,5 ,6 en 8.
Dus heren draag u rok in trots, laat Nederland zien de MANNENROK is er, en blijft.
Als vrouwen het kunnen, moeten wij het ook mogelijk kunnen maken.
RokSterNL
Beheerder

Bericht door RokSterNL »

sam schreef:Nederland hobbelt overal achteraan. Believe me dat wordt in NL pas 2011
Nee, 3011, dan zijn wij er niet meer, als je begrijpt wat ik bedoel. :D
Roktom
Contacteer:

Bericht door Roktom »

Als de man in rok gewoon wordt in Nederland ben ik dood, ik ga dat niet meer meemaken.
Dus heren draag u rok in trots, laat Nederland zien de MANNENROK is er, en blijft.
Als vrouwen het kunnen, moeten wij het ook mogelijk kunnen maken.
Plaats reactie